Thursday 11 December 2014

Life Drawing

Through out this term i have have also been engaged in life drawing. These are compilation of some of my personal favorites from some of my sessions. 

Much of my drawings were done on an A5 sheet using charcoal which has not always been my favorite media. However after being able to achieve both interesting and pleasant results, my atttitude towards charcoal has subsequently changed. 


In some session i was able to use ink. 


I was pleased with the results of many of my ink drawings, particularly the way i was able to put more emphasis on light and dark areas.  



This drawing was actually modified by several different people as who individually added to it. The was a drawing with a mixture of techniques and styles. 





 At some point i used chalk and charcoal in combination and made it work to my advantage. I decided to shade much of the the drawing and then lighten some areas with charcoal. I particularly like the way the light and shaded areas blend smoothly as a opposed to there being a sharp change in tone.




I feel life drawing exercises overall have not only taught me new techniques but at the same time have refined my drawing ability, notably when doing poses and body proportions

No comments:

Post a Comment