Thursday 10 December 2015

AAA Asset Part 2

With the sword model completed in Maya my next step to UV unwrap it so I could produce the ID map. I cut the edges along the mid-section of the blade so that it would unfold with more ease. With the UVs unfolded and sorted, i took a snap shot of them and took them to Photoshop to colour ID them.
The next step was to take the low Polly, smooth it and send it to Z Brush where I could the clean the model up and subdivide it. The subdivided model was exported and made into an OBJ where I could put them both into Xnormal and gain my normal maps.




Taking my low poly, normal and ID maps, I put them into Quixel to apply my materials.



The blade itself is comprised of a type of steel while the handle itself was a type of dull black metal. The bolts I decided to make gold to add additional colour variety.  After toying with and eventually choosing my materials I exported the project and prepared to import it into Unreal 4.







After Importing into unreal 4 I had to link the materials back to my model. created a scene and adjusted the lighting to further highlight the materials slightly and added in bloom.






No comments:

Post a Comment