Friday 27 March 2015

Character Modelling

For this assignment i am to model a character from reference and texture it. I start off by blocking out the basic shape of the character, matching the reference as much as possible. I then continue to add divisions to further the detail. I start primarily from the legs up using two different meshes that mirror.











Prior to making the model i UV map it, cut it into segments and then begin unfolding individual areas. 


I decided to paint the model in mud box as i thought it would be easier than attempting to paint the textures in Photoshop.








The final result i felt was some what rough due to my in-experience with mudbox brushes. With further experience i could possibly detail and neaten the lines and textures. With UV texturing being particularly difficult for me it resulted in a few errors and problems in geometry.

No comments:

Post a Comment